Monday, October 18, 2010

Every Woman has a Story....This is the Most Recent Chapter from Mine (part two)

My memory of events for the next 24 hours is very vague.  While much of what I remember seems more like a bad dream than reality, entire sections of memory are gone completely.  I also lost all concept of time: I am not even sure how long I laid on the back porch after my attacker left.

I do remember that it was light outside when I woke up.  I thought it was early morning.  Only recently have I learned that it was already mid-morning.

I do remember that when I woke up, I didn't understand why I hurt all over and my head felt wrong.  At first I thought I'd been crying because fluid was running down my cheek.  Then I realized my vision was blurred and my left eye wouldn't open.  I put my hand to my face.  I touched it.  It was red. I pulled myself up and dragged myself through invisible jello about 1000 miles to the closest mirror.  I didn't recognize the deformed image looking back at me....

I have been told that I went next door to my neighbors' house and called my son (my assailant had smashed my phone when I attempted to use it to call 911 early in the attack) and told him that I needed him because I had been attacked.

I have been told that I went home and put ice on my face. 

I have been told that a friend showed up because she had been trying to get in touch with me for hours. 

I have been told that she and Dylan had a battle with me convincing me we needed to call 911. 

I have been told I kept demanding I would be fine.

I have been told I was crying and that my tears were blood.

I vaguely remember a brief interaction with a uniformed officer.  I don't remember the conversation.  I vaguely remember another, un-uniformed man appearing at some point.  I vaguely remember thinking to myself he seemed too compassionate to actually be a law enforcement officer.

I remember other uniformed people coming into the house.  I remember being moved....then riding but not seeing anything.... feeling wierd....like I wasnt real....like I was in a state somewhere between a dream and a nightmare...but for some reason I just couldnt wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment